Evaluation of contactless or Dual-interface payment cards
The evaluation of contactless or Dual-interface payment cards
consists of various steps, similar to the process applied for Contact Cards. Most of them have different nomenclatures depending on the payment scheme that defines the functional evaluation of their cards, however schematically the following verifications exist.
- Transmission protocol verifications based on ISO/IEC 14443
- Functional qualifications test the different applications that are present on a chip. Different payment schemes may have their applications present on a single chip and the coexistence and proper functional separation and functioning of these applications is verified. ELITT specializes in the following functional qualifications for contactless cards:
- Dual VSDC/ qVSDC for VISA
- Dual MChip Select/ Paypass - MChip for MasterCard
- Once the applications are tested and validated, the functioning between the Dual-interface ICC (Integrated Circuit Card) and payment terminals is optionally verified. The interaction between terminals and cards as well as the corresponding logs are manually verified and analyzed by our experts.
- Timing measurements in contactless transactions form an integral part of the Functional Evaluation
- Finally, tests on embedded ICC are physical tests mostly derived from the ISO 10363 series. ELITT realizes a large number of the described standardized tests in our Physical Characterization laboratory