Test methodologies for Secured Electronic Transactions
To verify if a product or solution is compliant to applicable specifications, an efficient test methodology is required. ELITT has been designing and maintaining tests methodologies for Secured Electronic Transactions for over 20 years and has thus optimized the test methodology elaboration process.
Different starting points can be used for the elaboration of test methodologies:
- based on product specifications,
- based on a reference test methodology,
- update of an existing test methodology.
The conception of a test methodology starts with an analyses of the product functionalities to be tested; which parameters and conditions influence the anticipated results for a certain function. Once the boundaries have been identified, the required tests are conceived and implemented and verified against the applicable functional specification.
Validation of the developed test methodology is realized using a reference product of which the characteristics and behavior are well known. Using the test methodology and scrupulously following the associated instructions this validation ensures that:
- the test description is in accordance with the specifications,
- the test methodology adequately allows identification of possible non-conformities,
- the instructions are sufficiently detailed to allow for an unambiguous test realization and interpretation of the obtained results.